PRESBYOPIA- THE NEED FOR GLASSES FOR READING:
Presbyopia literally means the aging eye. Since presbyopia is an age related problem you cannot avoid it even if you’ve never had a vision problem before. Nearsighted people who can see near well may notice that their near vision blurs when they wear their usual eyeglasses or contact lenses to correct distance vision. Presbyopia gradually becomes symptomatic after the age of 40 and increase as one get older.
Who can benefit from Presbyopia surgery? Anyone who needs reading glasses will benefit, especially hyperopic patients who need glasses for distance near full time are the most grateful patients as they experience a big increase in the quality of life.
Presbyopia treatment: There are 3 choices: Glasses, contact lenses or surgery. We at Kaskaloglu Eye Hospital can offer you the three modalities.
- Reading glasses: This is the simplest option. If you need glasses for distance too you may choose multifocal glasses which can also be very expensive.
- Contact lenses: Multifocal contact lenses are very useful for young presbyopes. As one gets older most find their vision is compromised by multifocal contact lenses and feel uncomfortable due to dry eyes.
- SURGICAL OPTIONS:
- LASIK LASER SURGERY: In younger presbyopes even correcting the distance vision improve the reading vision but the effect decreases by age. Monovision is another option, here one eye is corrected for distance and the other is corrected for near. The aim of monovision is to provide comfortable vision for most daily activities.
- RLE with multifocal lenses: RLE- refractive lens exchange with multifocal intraocular lenses is a permanent option for presbyopia.
- KAMRA inlay: This is a small and extremely thin opaque disk placed between the layers of the cornea of one eye by the aid of Intralase Femto laser. The effect is similar to monovision.
If you are interested to know more about your options, make an appointment now with one of our doctors by calling +90 532 5961601 or +905363580293 to contact an assistant in English, or you can e-mail us from here:firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling the contact form on this web site. If you want to contact us in German just send an e-mail with your phone number, we call you back in German.